Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; using acknowledged extracts in academic presentations is acceptable
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The term "Gene Tools" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1001 Summerton Way, Philomath OR 97370. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is publicly available or may be owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Terms of Sale
Tariffs, Taxes, or Other Fees Associated with Importation
- International customers are responsible for duties, tariffs, taxes or fees for quarantine, brokerage or other services imposed on each shipment by the customer's country or parties other than FedEx. We request that international customers provide their FedEx Account Number when they place their order. Customers will be billed directly by FedEx for tariffs and taxes.
- The Harmonized System number for our Morpholino oligos is 2934.99.9000 and for Endo-Porter is 2922.49.8000. These numbers are used by all countries for assessing tariffs and taxes. To find out what tariffs and taxes will be imposed on your order you should contact your country's import agency and provide them with this Harmonized System number.
Payment is due 30 days after receipt of products. In some cases, prepayment may be required before oligos are synthesized.
We accept four methods of payment in US dollars only: credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express), wire transfer, cashier's check or standard check issued by a US bank. For international orders, tariffs and taxes imposed by the customer's country are the responsibility of the recipient.
When payment is made by credit card please provide the name of the cardholder, credit card number, date of expiration and billing ZIP code.
Credit card information should be supplied by phone, fax, or mail. We request that you DO NOT supply this credit card information by Email.
Wire transfer: If your organization intends to pay by wire transfer please contact us for the necessary information.
A cashier's check or standard check issued by a US bank should be issued in US dollars to GENE TOOLS, LLC, and sent to:
GENE TOOLS, LLC
1001 Summerton Way
Philomath, Oregon 97370
Customers in the United States of America will be billed for the total of their ordered products plus a $15 handling fee and a domestic shipping fee. Customers outside of the United States will be billed for the total of their ordered products plus a $15 handling fee and an international shipping fee and are responsible for paying any duties, tariffs or taxes incurred from their order.
After the order has shipped, invoices will be mailed to the "Bill to" address provided on the order form. Customers placing an order online can access invoices in .pdf format using their online account; these will be posted the day the order ships.
Shipping and Handling Charges
A handling charge of $15 will be applied to all orders.
Current charges for shipping by FedEx are listed on both our order form and on our price list and are displayed during checkout. For links to the order form and the price list, click on the "Ordering" tab of our website.
We ask that international customers provide us with their FedEx account number for charging any duties, taxes, and/or tariffs their order incurs. All international orders are sent by FedEx International Priority Shipping. Please inform us on your order form of any relevant VAT exemptions.
Denied Parties List
By placing an order with Gene Tools, the customer agrees not to forward any Gene Tools product to any person on the U.S. government’s Denied Parties list. The most recent list can be checked at:
http://www.bis.doc.gov/dpl/default.shtm The customer also agrees not to forward any Gene Tools product to any countries to which exports are prohibited by the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of Homeland Security.
All Morpholino orders must be placed using either the online order system or the fax order form. While GENE TOOLS provides extensive customer support by telephone, because of the potential for errors in the entry of sequence information, we do not accept Morpholino orders by telephone.
Timing of Experiment Preparation
To avoid potentially expensive consequences from a delay caused by production processes or shipping, we strongly recommend that you wait to prepare organisms for experiments until after receiving your oligos. If an oligo fails quality control and must be remade, this will delay oligo shipment by about a week.
While our and others' experience indicate that Morpholino oligos typically outperform other antisense structural types by a wide margin, nonetheless, because of the great variability among genes and cells, Gene Tools makes no warranty as to the performance of either Gene Tools-designed or customer-selected Morpholino oligos in any given biological system.